How We Rate Online Casinos
To ensure our readers get valuable and accurate information from our reviews, we developed a strict set of criteria we use to rate and review casinos. This makes it easy for readers to make apples-to-apples comparisons between our ratings and get the information they want even faster.
Bonuses & Promos
Our readers love a worthwhile bonus. We rate bonuses based on their overall value, how difficult they are to complete, what games contribute toward wagering requirements, and how long players have to complete the offer. The overall rating for bonuses and promos is a mix of the casino's new player bonus, any recurring bonuses for existing players, and the casino's loyalty program.
We know players love a large collection of games from all different genres and themes. Therefore, we rate a casino's game variety not just on the size of their catalog alone but the diversity between game types, themes, developers, and whether or not they have exclusive titles.
When we rate a casino's customer support, we are looking for around-the-clock service available across multiple channels. A high-scoring casino should have a 24/7 live chat, a fast-response phone line, and a support email. In addition, a well-written FAQ section covering common problems and a dedicated section on responsible play is also desired.
A dedicated casino app should feel like an extension of the casino experience, not an afterthought. Therefore, we expect apps to be smooth, have plenty of optimized games, and be feature packed with everything a player needs to have a complete casino experience without ever having to log onto the desktop site.
We expect casinos to have enough banking options to cater to the preferences of all players. Therefore, we like to see options such as online banking, debit and credit cards, cash, checks, and e-wallets such as PayPal. Equally important are fast banking speeds for deposits and withdrawals, as well as lenient minimum and generous maximum transaction amounts.
How to Deposit with PayPal at Online Casinos
PayPal is an e-wallet. That means you must either attach a bank account to your PayPal account to use funds directly from your bank or preload your PayPal account with funds from your bank or another PayPal account.
Once you are all signed up to PayPal and have a payment method or an account balance ready to spend, follow these easy steps to make your first casino deposit:
- Log in to your casino of choice and head to the banking page;
- Enter your desired deposit amount and select PayPal as a payment option;
- You will be taken to PayPal to complete the transaction;
- Select the payment method attached to your PayPal account. Here you can use direct bank transfer or funds you have in your PayPal account balance;
- After you have paid via PayPal, you will be taken back to the casino, and funds should appear in your account immediately.
Note: You can't use a PayPal business account for gambling.
How to Withdraw Funds with PayPal at Online Casinos
When making a withdrawal from a casino, you usually have to withdraw back to the method you used to make your initial deposit up to the total net deposit amount made via that method. That means if you deposited via PayPal, you would have to withdraw winnings back to PayPal too.
Thankfully, withdrawing to PayPal is easy. Here's how:
- Log in to your casino and head to the banking page;
- Select withdraw and choose PayPal;
- Enter how much you wish to withdraw, and hit confirm;
- You may be required to verify your identity if this is your first withdrawal;
- Funds will be placed into your PayPal account, where you can choose to leave them or withdraw to a linked bank account, which can take between 2 hours and one business day.
Note: To withdraw via PayPal, you must first have made at least one deposit using PayPal at the casino, and have a bank account linked to your PayPal account.