What Do We Want to Achieve?
The Pennsylvania scene of licensed casinos is growing rapidly and it’s quite easy to find yourself lost in the options. All things considered, we figured our users need checked information most to choose legal, secure and fun casinos. Here’s how we do it:
iGamingPA in Numbers
With more than 8 years of experience in the industry, we know for sure that at times numbers speak louder than words. We constantly update lists of our partners and media reviewed to make sure our readers are always up to speed with the latest iGaming trends, which, in our opinion, is of paramount importance in the modern world.
17 Official Partnerships with PA Casinos
- All the casinos you see at iGamingPA.com are fully regulated by the PGCB to bring you safe, legal gambling experiences which attract top software developers and the best games from around the globe.
- Our partnerships with these casinos are official, ensuring our readers are offered amazing promotions and online support from both our expert team and the casino’s representatives.
20 Casino Bonuses that Bring Value to Players
- Here at iGamingPA, we are always in search of the latest and greatest bonus offers available in the state. Our readers also enjoy an easy-to-understand breakdown of the terms and conditions of these bonuses.
- We are constantly updating our bonus catalog, so while the list might seem on the low side now, be sure to check back for regular updates.
21 Great Table and Casino Games
- We have an extensive collection of table games that appeal to all types of casino lovers. Players will find everything from video poker, craps, and Slingo to the more traditional casino titles such as Blackjack, Roulette, and Baccarat.
- Our detailed guides help new players learn the basics of each game while offering valuable tips and table game strategies that could improve your win-rates for even more fun.
Exceptional Slots to Get You Started
- We know slots are important to many of our readers, so we take time to create useful, informative reviews of some of the top slots players in Pennsylvania. We also have an exclusive slots collection that includes everything from classic slots to video slots packed with exciting features.
- We know the integrity of a review means a lot to our readers; that’s why we have our experts play with real money when reviewing a slot to ensure its accuracy. When we review slots, we like to explore both the entertainment value of the slot alongside the prospect of winning.
39 Official Casino Representatives at Your Service
- We want you to have the smoothest gaming experience possible; that’s why we connect our users directly to casino representatives to get you the answers you need fast.
- To ensure this feature works perfectly for our readers, we are still working out the details. We expect it to be released soon, though!
About the People Behind iGamingPA
We have a solid team of gambling enthusiasts who love researching and writing about the iGaming industry. Collectively we have more than N years of experience playing and reviewing games, and we are excited to help our players with any questions.
We have the knowledge and access to deal with various issues that players may encounter when gambling online. Please get in touch with our team if you want to:
- File a report against a casino or provider;
- Talk to a gambling expert;
- Showcase a big casino win;
- Have a chat with our marketing team;
- Or simply share general feedback.
As we work directly with casino representatives, we are in a position to find answers you may not get elsewhere.
To make communication as effective as possible, we encourage players to include a subject line and provide as much useful information as possible in the body of the email. This will ensure we can get back to you with a helpful answer as quickly as possible.
Note: Our services are completely free of charge to our readers. Rather than charging any kind of fee, we receive compensation when our readers visit our partner casinos through affiliate links. Funds we acquire through these partnerships are then put back into the project to ensure we continue to provide high-quality content to our readers while making steady growth.
We look forward to hearing from you at info[at]intressmedia.com
What Other Online Gambling Projects Are We Undertaking?
We love what we do here, and as a result of our wonderful readership and valuable feedback from readers, we want to take our gambling expertise to other states within the country. The overall goal of our project is to create online gambling information hubs for gamblers nationwide.
A Word on Responsible Gambling
Online gambling is often enjoyed as a fun pastime, but as its popularity soars throughout the state, industry stakeholders such as ourselves should be at the forefront of ensuring player safety and encouraging responsible gaming. We will always use our industry knowledge to support players and educate them on the risks of gambling.
If you or someone you know is showing signs of problem gambling, consider consulting the following organizations that operate within PA:
- The Council on Compulsive Gambling of Pennsylvania
- The National Council on Problem Gambling
- The Board’s Office of Compulsive and Problem Gambling
- Gamblers Anonymous
What’s the Minimum Online Gambling Age in PA?
The minimum age for online gambling in PA is 21 years old, as well as the minimum age for entering brick-and-mortar casinos. This is likely to do with the fact that land-based establishments serve alcohol and would find it difficult to ensure players who are under 21 don’t drink. However, there are likely to be other contributing factors too.
Online players are required to enter the last four digits of their social security number when signing up to a casino to prove their age.
They Said No to Riverboat Gambling, but Now Online Casinos are Going Full Steam Ahead – History of Online Gambling in PA
Pennsylvania is a state that has had several significant pushes for gambling legalization since it established its first lottery in 1971. With many failures and successes along the way, online gambling has finally found a home in The Keystone State, almost fifty years after the state lottery was founded.
Players who enjoy the choice to gamble online within Pennsylvania today may be interested to know the history of the road to legalization, so we have created a brief summary below!
In 1971, Pennsylvania’s first state lottery was established as a government entity through Act 91. The lottery was designed to provide property tax relief to those aged 65 years and above. Lawmakers also speculated that it would deter players from illegal gambling operations within Philadelphia.
The legalization of lottery in the ’70s was one of the primary motivators for the push to legalize full-blown casinos within the state. Still, time and time again through the ’80s, residents rejected the idea, citing that the only product of gambling was criminals and corruption as locals looked to Nevada as an example.
Residents made yet another push for gambling, but this time on the waterways with casinos aboard riverboats. Advocates of the movement argued that legalizing riverboat gambling would bring more tax revenue into the state, but those against the bill suggested the cost of increased policing due to crime surrounding gambling would offset any benefits. Unfortunately, the movement eventually lost steam.
Becoming something of a theme and going against the wishes of many state residents, yet another push for legalized gambling was rejected in 1999.
Finally, in 2004, thanks to the momentum gained from legislators and Act 71, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control board was established, and casinos became legal within the state. Thousands of new jobs began to appear, and previous concerns about gambling began to dissipate. The state took in hundreds of millions in tax revenue, and going forward, Pennsylvania slot machines would bring in the second-most tax revenue in the entire country, after Nevada.
Again, with the notion of raising additional tax revenue to offset property tax for residents, which was sorely needed after the 2008 recession, the state moved to legalize the use of table games, which were added to the army of slot machines available in casinos within the state.
2017 was a great year for prospective online gamblers as the HB 271 passed, granting the 12 current brick-and-mortar casinos operating within the state to launch online platforms.
Thanks to the pathway to licensing granted through the HB 271 bill, in July 2019, Parx Casino opened its proverbial doors to droves of excited bettors, with PlaySugarHouse and others soon following. As of 2019, players in PA can now enjoy online slots, poker, table games, and sports betting anywhere within state borders!