Live! Casinos in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia to Host PokerStars Platinum Series
PokerStars has confirmed live events in Pennsylvania in October with the highly sought-after Platinum Passes up for grabs, this announcement has finally ended months of player suspense. Additionally, there is a flurry of events in several poker rooms around Pennsylvania this fall, which is bringing the state’s poker industry to life. We have compiled a list of the state’s largest upcoming events each month.
According to PokerStars, the notorious Platinum tickets will be available live in Pennsylvania in October. Participants are going to be provided three chances to receive the pass:
- The Ladies Event at Live! Casino Philadelphia has a $200 buy-in requirement;
- $360 Main Event at Live! Casino Philadelphia, October 13 – 16;
- $360 buy-in at Live! Casino Pittsburgh in Greensburg, PA, from October 27 through 30.
Each of these multi-day tournaments will crown a champion who will get a $30,000 prize package in addition to the regular cash awards. A $25,000 entrance into the PokerStars Player Championship is the prize of note. The Bahamas will host the PSPC from January 22 to February 3. The following is included in the Platinum Pass packages:
- A ticket to the $25,000 PSPC;
- A 5-star hotel will host the winner and a guest of their choosing for six nights;
- Travel to the airport;
- Expenditures of $1,900;
- Platinum Pass Winner accommodations and experiences.
Along with the major PokerStars Platinum Pass tournaments, Live! Pittsburgh and Philadelphia will continue to host daily tournaments throughout October.